Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Photos...

These first two photos are from when I made a Pinata with the 1, 2 and 3rd graders here in my town. I have mentioned before that I teach english classes to the 4, 5 and 6th graders. Thus the younger kids kept asking when I was going to teach them stuff, well teaching them english would be way too difficult so I made a pinata instead.
This kid here on the left is Everette, he is my neighbor and the sweetest kid ever. He is always hanging around my house and will do anything I ask him to do, such as run to the store and get me food (gotta love the child labor). However, he always knows he will get food out of it so it all works out in the end. The kid on the right is Eduardo and he is the biggest brat ever. They are cousins and neighbors so its amazing how different they are...
Here are the kids taking a whack at the pinata and hoping for some candy...
Here is the church in my town...
This is a picture of my host dad (the one from Las Tablas) speaking at the chuch. He is really involved in the church and is an overall great guy. The part I love though about this picture is take a look at the clock on the wall behing him....haha

1 comment:

Jan Padilla said...

Hey James,
I really enjoyed reading all of your comments and don't mind the language. You are looking good with your short hair - I would not have recognized you in the one picture. Rylee has short hair now too. I would not have enjoyed the scorpion and tarantual though. Take care and be safe. Love, Jim, Aunt Jan, Rylee, and Jordan