Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Some pictures for you....

Well first I must apologize cause they are not in order but it will take too long to reorganize and its taken me over 1.5 hours to get these up...but here ya go...

This first picture is my lovely living room, here you can see the elegant couch and chairs. Also in the pic you get a quick look into my kitchen as well. Basically my house has two room, this is the kitchen and living room and then there is the bedroom that follows. Got my nice little hammock here for reading and relaxing and the bookshelf on the left there has all my work shit.


Here is my bedroom, quite simple. Got my dresser and closet, just outside of the picture is a little table that I have all my dailies on.


Here is a picture from the outside of my house. The bedroom is a side room of to the left of the house. I have a small yard to the right, where I have a shower and latrine. I am also in the process of planting a garden so I didn´t take any picture of that area.

The next two picture are from a youth group beach trip I took some kids from my community on. I managed to stuff 23 kids into a truck and we drove for 3 hours to the beach. We did manage to stop in Leon on the way for a museum and also to see the biggest church in Central America. It was an awesome trip as none of the kids had ever been to Leon before or seen the ocean. All the kids were asking ¨why are there waves?¨ and ¨why is the water salty?¨.

Anyway, this is also a pic of one of the girls that I lived with for the first month I lived in my new site, she has helped me a lot with Spanish. She also has the best name ever ¨Meleidy¨.


Here you can see the beach in the backround and the overcrowded bed of the truck. In total we stuffed 20 kids in the bed. The girl standing up in pink is another of the girls that I stayed with the first month, her name is Damirel.


This is my neighbor and fighting buddy, his name is Everet and is the most well behaved little kid I have met. Which is saying a lot as most kids down here are brats. Anyway, because he is so well behaved he always gets what he wants, so when you tell him no it is absolutely hilarious because he just doesnt understand the word ¨no¨.

Here is a picture of the Peace Corps Director in my site. If you don´t remember what I look like I am behind him in the white shirt. Yes, my hair is completely short, and no I don´t like it.

Here is the Nicaraguan police that came out to protect the Director on his site visit. Which is a joke because my site is like the safest place in the entire world. But I was going to ask one of the guys to borrow a gun for a picture but I chickened out.

Here is a Tarantula that was in my house, it is one of three that I have killed in my house.

Here is a scorpion that was in my house, one of four that I have killed in my house.

Here is a picture of my cat, the big one, and her kitten. The kitten I gave to my sitemate Marlena as cat food is rediculously expensive down here and I didn´t want a second cat. But she is cute none the less.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures! i like your short hair!