Saturday, November 3, 2007

Like I promised last week, here are some pics. I will post an udate next week with how my site visit went...
First pictures is of all the Nica 45 volunteers. This is the all the volunteers that I came with and comprise 21 ag volunteers and 19 environmental ed volunteers...
This is my amazingly cute little sister. This picture was taken when she was about 1.5 months old and she is now around 2.5 months. She is my amigita which translates to little friend...
This is a picture of my sister... and I know she would kill me if I put this picture up here but the thing is Nicaraguans are not big fans of pictures unless they have time to get all done up for them. Well I didnt feel like waiting... Anyways this is taken in a cave we visited with our youth group.
This is another pictures from the youth group hike... In Nicaragua a youth group generally includes ages from 15-25, so yes some members of youth group are older then me!


Here is another pictures from the trip looking out from the caves...

Anyways expect some more pics shortly as I only have one more week here in my training town and then head to Managua for two weeks and I should be able to get more pics and an update of my site visit on here.

6 comments:

Julie Nelson-Hollins said...

Hi James,
Thank you for sharing your pictures. Your sisters are adorable. Soon, you will be able to explore Nicaragua with your horse!!! Love, Mom

Sammy said...

Hey James,
Guess what??? My sister had a baby girl she is about a month old now. Actually, she kind of looks a lot like your baby sister. I am an aunt, again. We are really going to miss you for the holidays. I hope you get to or already enjoying your really really early christmas gift (undershirts and flip flops). Hehe. The scenary in your pictures are absolutely breathtaking. Keep having lots of fun! Hope to hear from you or see you soon.

-Sam

Bryan said...

Looks like you have a great crew down there to work with. Sounds like your holdin' up pretty well. Its gonna be weird not seeing you for the holidays. I'm sure mom will cry. haha. More presents for Jake and I. LOL. Anyways, hope you have a great Thanksgiving!! I'll make sure I eat some Turkey for yah. Later man.

Bryan

Bryan said...

Oh yeah, how could I forget!!!! MIA SAYS WHATS UPPPP!!!! (that's my chubby cat in case you forgot, whom by the way is not so chubby anymore. Sam and I put her on a diet. You'd be proud.)

Be good.

Hannah said...

James! I just spent forever getting caught up on your blog! Is this the best way to reach you, or do you have a mailing list set up? (If so, my email is woodr@email.unc.edu). I am so excited to read how well you are doing. I'm really proud of the work you are doing, and glad that it seems you've found your niche. It's actually been a really crazy semester here, so I have a lot to fill you in on soon. I miss you a ton, but know you are where you should be! Keep me posted on all your travels-- you are in my thoughts! In LFS always, Rebecca :-)

Hannah said...

I should have said, this is Rebecca Wood! Haha!